PENS PENS PENS and More PENS

PENS PENS PENS and More PENS

Thum  

Once I got zealously into creative thinking training
I began always carrying a RAINBOW of colors
ROYGBP plus gray, brown and black.

Eventually I developed the habit of carrying
several sets 

1. different sizes of tips 
    from very fine to large to wide chiseled point or cone shaped markers

2. pencil sets

3. pastels

in a large zippered case the size of a large book.

Then I bought my first digital camera and over the last 13 years
I have gone from being obsessively zealous about visual note taking
to now mostly only photographs and few quick thumbnails or rough
cartoons.

I taught and offered many classes focused on 

a. Note Taking techniques or styles
b. Visual recording of thoughts and information (long before it became a profession)
c. Visual Thinking through drawing, sketching, cartooning

As I have shared with you since we met electronically I studied and researched many note taking techniques before Tony Buzan ever came up with the name, 

MINDMAPPING.

especially in the 60s and 70s while in architectural school and then in art and design school.  Also when preparing to take the 7 different required National tests to obtain my NCARB Certication as a registered architect I took a mix of SPEADREADING courses.

The most valuable being EVELYN WOOD.  The basic and advanced courses include a great deal of focus on many types of note taking from extremely scientific to extremely loose, artistic and also highly structured like we often are taught in normal K to 12 school.


 note to readers....this is a first draft that I am planning on 
returning to in order to add photographs of Thum's set
and some of my own from the past 56 years.

feeling too lazy at 6:47 am to search for them now.

return to this POST in a couple days.

Alan
2016 - Develop Your Skills & Knowledge of
Leading - Communicating - Teaming - C,r,E,8,N,G!

Robert Alan Black, Ph.D., CSP, DLA, TM: AC-Gold
706 353 3387
GOOGLE+ posts

Comments

Popular Posts