Asking a HUGE Professional Favor

Asking a HUGE Professional Favor

This was a letter from New Zealand
from someone I had never met.

Dear Alan,
I am writing to ask a huge (professional) favor - with that out of the way I will tell you a bit about me.

I am a semi-retired social worker (65 years old, and really still going strong) who has spent over 40 years working at the coal face of social services and social inequality.

Many, many, years ago I came across your MIND Design format. I was attending Waikato University (I emigrated to Australia (from London, UK) aged 19, married the first half decent male I fell over, had two beautiful boys (now in their 40's), moved to New Zealand with my husband's job - nine months later he left to return to Australia, and I and the boys stayed here. I had not gone to University in the UK as no one we knew had been. But here it was different, so I worked, brought up the boys and studied in block courses.

Your MIND Design format saved me a job  - I was highly intuitive and negotiative and my then boss was highly meditative and directive - we clashed horribly. But the format helped me to understand what I needed to do to help him understand what I wanted him to do and why. It was a communication tool.

I started using it with my clients and it gave them a greater understanding of what they did - their strengths and what to work on and the language to help them work out how they would like to be.  It was fabulous - and I still use it with families and groups I work with..

The Favor

 I am putting an ebook together called (working title)
Dealing with Difficult People - managing conflict, bloody-mindedness and other inter-communication difficulties at home and at work”. I would very much like to use your MIND Design format in my book.

I am not a world renowned author and most likely never will be, but I would like to include your work - and reference it to your web site (where I found a heap of other treasures too).

If it is not okay for me to use your material I would still like to give the details of your web site and what people can find there as I believe your material to be easy to understand, and highly empowering for people.

If you want to find out a bit more about me I'm on

LinkedIn https://nz.linkedin.com/in/joy-sylvia-0107658b
www.boardwalkcreations.flyingkiwis.net

Neither are particularly flash, but it will give you a bit of info about me.

Thanking you for reading this, hope it finds you well.

Regards

Joy Sylvia

Comments

Popular Posts