Fully Lived Life?

Fully Lived Life?

Wally

Fully Lived Life?

I have tried since my 20s.

Reading and listening to authors and speakers like

Earl Nightingale 
Dale Carnegie
Robert Schuller
Norman Vincent Peale

and many others from the age of 22 or 23
probably caused me to strive to live a

FULL LIFE

rich in many ways
but not truly Financially.

During my speaking and training period
with

UGA Institute of Government
UGA Institute for Business
UGA Fanning Institute
UGA Continuing Education Center
UGA Faculty Development Office (Ron Simpson)
and many individual depts

I got into reading extensively and teaching about

Leadership
Communication
Teamwork
Conflict or Negotiation
several of topics du jour
and of course
Creative Thinking and Creative Problem Solving

I learned much about Human Styles or Preferences of

Thinking 
Learning
Communicating
Problem Solving
Leading
and applied that to many other HUMAN ACTIVITIES
in my various programs for the clients of the different Institutes

from 1980 to 1995 and afterward with clients that
developed from those.

As to my Wandering, Traveling nature or obsession

I have written a short story that I have often 
told in my programs about my 

FIRST TRIP AROUND THE WORLD

1949
I have vivid memories of traveling around the block
I grew up on at the age of 5 on my tricycle
and the fears I had while doing it as I left 
my known world to enter the unknown 
and feeling of joy of having actually 
traveled completely around the city block in Detroit.

1950 to 1962
I traveled with my parents during their summer driving vacations
to 48 states.

1966 to 1977
varied road trips with my 1st wife/ex-wife to a various states east
of the Mississippi from Maine to southern tip of Florida

1977
1st multiple country trip by train, boat, plane, bus, foot 
to and thru 24 counties

I will stop.....

Ever since my life has mostly been filled with international travel
for work and just for fun.

49 states
93 countries
hundreds of towns, cities on 6 continents


Wandering Alan



Comments

Popular Posts