Meet a Muslim. Have you truly met people from many religions or cultures?


Meet a Muslim.  
Have you truly met people from many religions or cultures?


excellent video. Thanks for sharing this Beth

This shows many very positive people who live by their Muslim faith.

I watched this wonderful video and then wrote the following letter:


Have you seen any about followers of other religions?

Judaism
Christianity
Hinduism
Shinto
Buddhism
etc.

I have met many Muslims while traveling and working in Turkey, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, South Africa and probably other countries plus in the USA, beginning in college in 1964, a man from Palestine who opposed a very bigoted Sociology professor who was Jewish who only spoke negatively about citizens of Palestine without having ever being there.

My fellow student who grew up in Palestine
while I grew up in Detroit, Michigan
called down and challenged the professor's
very biased comments during class.

I was Student Council President that year at LIT
After that class period I approached the head of the
history, sociology dept about the Professor.

We put pressure on the school administration
eventually the negative professor was not offered
a new contract.

before then Palestine and Israel were only things on tv for me.

Beginning in 1999 when I began traveling to and working in Istanbul and for many years since I have gradually met many more people who I learned followed Islam or the Muslim religion.

The first Iraq War happened

9-11 happened in 2001.

The second Iraq War happened

and all that has happened around the globe
in so many countries because of so many
small extremist groups.

Then I spent 4+ weeks behind bars as the only
Westerner from the USA, who tries to follow and live
by positive things I have learned from my own
explorations into understanding other religions
and cultures from the 93 countries I have spent time
traveling or working in

Most of the prisoners I began to get to know


I would probably have as guests in my home.




Comments

Popular Posts