Are you an Extrovert, Introvert, Ambivert or some other kind of VERT?

Are you an Extrovert, Introvert, Ambivert 
or some other kind of VERT?

Dear Dawn

Since my second CPSI in 1979 I tried to meet every leader there and tried to, unrealistically, develop friendships with them.  Same thing with ACA beginning in 1998, then ACRE, MINDCAMP, CREA-Italy, etc. during 180+ separate conferences.

I began in 1978 through letter writing and occasional phone calls.

Then in the mid 80s I began using the www, internet, chat groups, etc. put to today using 
FACEBOOK, LINKED and sporadically with Twitter.

Though I have studied, created, used tests and models for understanding people
I have not been able to truly getting some people to actually be honest and become friends.

I have reached out in many ways
I have devoted a tremendous amount to all the conferences and my clients

Yes 3727 people signed the State Dept Petition
164 people (many anonymously or were people I have no idea who they are) donated $25,000
to get my ass out of that prison

I am not really sure how many thousands sent Facebook messages to
either

a. my main Facebook page
or
b. the special FB page that Kathysue Dorey created
    FREE DR ROBERT ALAN BLACK

nor the thousands of people who wrote letters, place phone calls to try to help

FRIENDS and FRIENDSHIP types has been a subject I have studied
and spent a great deal of time studying to understand for decades

I am overly zealous often
I scare many people away with my openness

YET still I have always been someone whose E and I scores on the MBTI
since I first took of many times taking it back in 1976 ....

Were within 1/2 a SD of the mean

In other words an AMBIVERT

Whenever I discussed E/I is many of my workshops, training program or university courses
I would ask the groups or students

"WHICH DO YOU THINK I AM?"

immediately after an hour to a day exposure to me
as a presenter, professor, teacher, speaker would answer

"EXTROVERT"

Over time I developed a routine or ritual about this.

After some would yell out "EXTROVERT"

I would stand still, using a pregnant pause until someone in the group or room would disagree and say

"NO HE IS AN INTROVERT"

My final response developed into this answer

"I believe I may have been born an extrovert 
 but much pain and experience throughout my life
 caused me to be an INTROVERT by nature
 while an EXTROVERT when I am paid to be one."

"For me it is a situational, a person choice which I will be."

Comments

Popular Posts