Do Kids who Garden eat MORE VEGGIES?

Do Kids who Garden eat MORE VEGGIES?

Marci  

I eat veggies but not only veggies.

I grew up with a father who had a small Victory Garden patch on his 1/8 acre property behind our home.

somewhere between 1/16 and 1/32 of an acre

Planted corn, peppers, potatoes, cabbage
rhubarb, strawberries, raspberries, peach tree (2)

my mother CANNED (jarred) the extra production
that we didn't eat so we could eat them into the Fall & Winter seasons each year.

I helped weed, water, maintain his garden more and more each year as I got older until I left when I got married.

Still there are many vegetables I do not
or can not eat without upsetting my stomach.

so maybe your rule

Kids who garden eat more veggies.

I think the gardening experience may have caused me to
but life, traveling, marrying a pure converted vegan who became a vegetarian then a therapist then a counselor then a licensed psychologist and living with her for 20 years after living with a mother who always provided
potatoes, rice or pasta and two veggies for lunch and dinner during the 22 years I lived in her house

might have been a better cause of my current veggie eating lifestyle:

potato, rice, pasta (lunch and dinner)
2 or 3 cooked or cold veggies


plus a salad with lettuce, shredded cabbage and 3 or 4 other veggies

Comments

Popular Posts