Chapter TWO: Walking out of Depression to Create a New Life of Happiness

Chapter TWO: Walking out of Depression to Create a New Life of Happiness

Woke up around 6 and tried to sleep some more

Turned on another episode of FRAISER trying to get it to cause me to sleep some more.

After a few minutes decided that wasn't going to work so I got up to begin my new day.

First my FASTING GLUCOSE reading, hoping it would be in the 140 or lower range from yesterday's 166 and the day before's of 189.

Better but not much.  It was 159.

Yesterday's first walk was easier.  I was motivated.

Last night often and on I thought about which walk would I choose today.

Might it be one of my many ritualistic walks from the past 23 years of walking 5 to 7 days week for weeks in a row. Might it be one where I drive somewhere 10 to 20 minutes, then walk in the countryside or perhaps to either Bishop Park or Memorial Park.

One factor about being a multi-personality person is that I often argue with my other personalities in order to make decisions.

So first I did my STRETCHING EXERCISES on my deck in the wonderful mildly cool temperature.  Very little sound, almost completely quiet on my deck this morning as I began my 7 routine exercises of twisting, twirling, bending, stretching to get me going this morning once again.

Stip my bed to air it out,

Put my pillows in open windows to air them out.

Hang my quilt over the railing that Larry McDougald helped with creating and installing 2 1/2 years ago.

Begin photographing the Walk 002 by photographing my Walton Pond Forest minus the pond.

This is feeling like WORKING, not PLAYING or things to do to generate FEELINGS of HAPPINESS.

Routine.

Where is the excitement, the inspiration?  Will this routine really help today?

During the past 10 or so years I have let my forest go al naturale.  I have done very little of the fun gardening that I did from 1986 to about 2000 when traveling around the world became the major focus of my life.







One of the lessons I learned traveling in Europe and Asia:

mothers, housewives, grandmothers every morning put out their quilts to air them out, to refresh their beds



Now to change into walking clothes and to go out on Walk 002 to push my body a little bit more.

Just posted my edited photos and BLOGGER has posted them in reverse order

B U M M E R


So I will tell the story in reverse order

One of my other projects for WALKING OUT OF DEPRESSION is to sort through the various portions of clustered chaos in my home

First is my CREATIVITY STUDIO that currently is partially organized and partially clustered or piled CHAOS.



Completing 2018-002 Walk I am back to writing about it based upon the edited photos I took while walking..



the last few hundred feet are through the back portion of my forest.



Usually once a week I wander through my forest examining my trees looking for signs of trees that need to be cut down

This might be one soon



looks questionable



this is a huge tree I had cut down earlier this year rather than waiting for it to fall down on my house



unfortunately it looks like my natural forest has poison ivy growing in it




rounding the side of my house from the forest you find my front door



As I approach the end of walk 2018-002 I walk through my neighbor behind me's forest that blends into mine,



entering his forest



closer to mine



now entering the beginning of my forest



Epps Creek below



entrance to Athens Clarke County not very beautiful now





entering another CITY OF TREES





Yes we are a BIKE FRIENDY CITY
unfortunately most of our bike trails
are too dangerous to truly ride on



Aha my full breakfast at Waffle House that
I will graze on eating about 1/2 of each portion

2 eggs over easy
2 sausage patties I offered to my counter neighbor
because I don't eat salted breakfast meats

chicken sausages yes
turkey unsalted sausage yes

light waffle with pecans and chocolate chips
now sprinkled out not mixed in





Crossing Epps Bridge Parkway can be adventurous
to dangerous in some spots

As I mentioned in Chapter One
I do not like walking on pavement or
paved walkways if there is grass available



Utility covers (no longer manhole covers)
are a subject of mine too



grass strip to walk on





not so decorative Utility cover




uneven grass area



narrow grass strip once again




still another type of utility cover



Immediately I know I am not walking in Kalix or Lulea, Sweden




My living room



View to the right of my front door



Partially completed landscape project



Walking towards Epps Bridge Parkway

Surrounded by the beautiful sounds and songs of birds
interupted by the horrible sounds of vehicles on the parkway



Heading southwest toward my destination this morning



approaching the creek and county line



I continually look for interesting or novel images to shoot



The Georgia State VINE

K U D Z U

it grows from Spring to Winter
on and over EVERYTHING in its way





The creek that divides the counties



quiet entrance to TIMBERBROOK
exclusive neighborhood
filled with large
expensive homes



Much of both sides of Epps Bridge Parkway
inside Oconee County has
been built up into
Shopping Centers
at least 12 so far



This for sale sign has been up
for most of the past 25 years





Sadly commercial litter



it is Summer Time



 A long time Southern Tradition



A Southern tradition that has
MODERNIZED
some



So many crooked or curved sidewalks



landscaping



Modern marketing



My eventul destination - 1/2 way



Another Southern Tradition





Had BROOKLYN as my personal wait person
met her months to a year ago

Asked if I could photograph her for my story

"Against corporate policy"



Control Control Control







Waffle House is modern
with NO INTERNET RECEPTION

BUMMER



Going home now





My birdless concrete bird bath



The side of my house



Blogger scrambled my photos this time
thus scrambled my Chapter Two.

Within 90 seconds of sitting down to write this chapter my cell phone rang.

It was someone from a school system near ACC who had visited my website and learned about my M.I.N.D. Design questionaires and materials.  She wanted to order them for an in-service she is doing for 60 of her teachers later in July.

In bound work.

Has the MAGIC of WALKING beginning to pay off alread?

Hmmm?





Total 2.2 miles approximately



My Motivation & Inspiration is partially coming from
Taryn-Lee who is part of a Climb Kilimanjaro team
that began their climb today July 10th.




They are climbing a physical mountain.

I am "climbing" an emotional mountain.




Comments

Popular Posts