2018-012 Walks in Bits

2018-012 Walks in Bits

No photos this walk because it would have involved locations where photography is not supported or encouraged.

Years ago when I became obsessed with walking for exercise to trim down I subscribed to WALKING magazine and read articles every month.  Some PE and trainers wrote about wallking in bits and pieces.

1/8 mile
1/4 mile
1/2 mile
1 mile

That is when I started parking as far away from the front of a store, especially BIG BOX stores:

Wal-Mart
Kroger
Publix
K-Mart
or
from one store to another in the same strip center.

That is what I did today.

Bits and pieces

Chick-fil-A

into Lowe's and inside to several departments

from my bank to Trader Joe's

Not a lot of walking  but eventually about 1 to 1 1/2 miles total

plus I walked up and down my stairs.

When I left my house to walk to Lowe's the pain in my calves became intense as I walked out onto my street.

Then I decided not to push through the pain this time.

Doing my Bits and pieces walking helped release whatever cause the pain.

Also, I wore compression socks.

My goal is to learn why the leg pain happens.

thanks for reading.

If you have any suggestions or tips please leave a comment.

Wandering Walking Alan

Comments

Popular Posts