Traveling was ingrained in my soul beginning in 1950

Traveling was ingrained in my soul beginning in 1950

I have lived by this philosophy since 1976

Often I wish I had been born to an indigenous people that could travel to all continents.

In actuality I was partially

My father was an immigrant from Blythe, England

My mother was an immigrant from Kirkcaldy, Scotland

beginning in 1950 when I was 6 they started their Summer Road Trips.

My two older brothers then 14 and 11 went on that first trip from Detroit to Platte, South Dakota to visit our Scottish cousin Irene and her family.

Starting in 1951 only my parents and I went most years until 1962 the last one I went on with them.

My middle brother only joined us for part of the trip to California after his Air Force basic training at Lackland AFB outside of San Antonio, Texas and never again.

My dad's step-mother joined us on that trip and a few others.

Those trips started me on a life of TRAVEL TRAVEL TRAVEL which I began making it not only the US but international in 1967 by traveling to Montreal for EXPO 67 with wife and friends.

In 1977 I began my extended long international trips by traveling to 24 countries from Wales and Ireland to Greece and Egypt.

In 2001 I began my trips completely around the globe in single trips.  I was taking my 13th in 2014 that was interrupted by my 4+ weeks in jail/prison in the desert of UAE 40 km from Abu Dhabi.

Comments

Popular Posts