Handling Loss During the Holidays....my responses

Leslie

Thank you for sharing these HOLIDAY SEASON TIPS for dealing with or
HANDLING LOSS.

Alan


Handling Loss During the Holidays....

my responses

Here is my message based upon your 10 suggestions for DEALING with LOSS

1  ANTICIPATE UPS & DOWNS
It took me awhile to accept this and it is part of my life nearly every day.

2. "DO" and "BE"
having some appointments, projects, doing basic things: making the bed, doing dishes, cooking meals.

3. GIVE YOURSELF SOLITARY TIME
I have learned how valuable ST is for me as I have learned that I am an AMBIVERT who selectively chooses when I will spend time with others: friends or strangers or groups or crowds.

4. TAKE A DAY AT A TIME
been doing this for many years especially during my 4+ weeks in jail and prison and since.

5. REVIEW WHAT YOU FEEL GRATEFUL FOR, DESPITE YOUR LOSS
focusing on positive, loving memories helps.  When I see Facebook Friends post GRATEFUL exercises I practice them sometimes.

6. VOLUNTEER
Have been doing this especially as I travel around the world.

7. SET ASIDE REFLECTION TIME
for many years I did this in the morning or at lunchtime.  Now I do it throughout each day in bits and pieces.

8. TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR MIND, BODY AND SPIRIT
Currently my exercise has been hindered due to chronic leg pain so I do it in short pieces.  Watch enjoyable tv shows. Rarely listen to music currently.

9. CREATE A RITUAL
I have mementos, photographs and other things on display in the various rooms of my house.  Basically as an extreme right brain-intuitive person I seldom keep rituals ongoing instead continually create new ones.

10. MAINTAIN YOUR FAITH
religions have never truly been of much value ....faith that love, beauty exist everywhere I go keeps me going.

I found this a useful exercise to share these with you.

Comments

Popular Posts