A 32 Roadster more likely

A 32 Roadster more likely

Thanks for the tip!

Actually or ideally a 32 Roadster, fully customized.

Lewis Shropshire had one that he promised to take me for a ride in,
 a couple years ago.

I would rather drive either my 1978 280ZX 2+2
or my VW Campmobile



One of my dreams was to learn to fly and to own a plane.

My contractor/developer/client/partner friend
Tim Greene had one in Delray Beach.

never flew with him though

my office in Delray Beach was in his converted house on Federal Hwy in 1976 and 77.

When I flew with Bubba McDonald one day
my dream ended in my mind.

We flew to Macon that morning.  Beautiful clear morning.  All the way I was fantasizing that I was flying the plane.

On the way back he needed to stop in Thompson near Augusta to pick up something.  Never found the tiny airport. Then he redirected the plane towards Athens to take me home and himself back to Commerce.

Within a few minutes we were surrounded by giant thunderstorm clouds full of lightning flashes.

He tried to go around, over, under with no success.

"We will have to fly through this to find safer air"

I have never been more scared in my life.

I prayed very hard and I don't pray.

I kept telling myself...

"Bubba is an excellent, experienced pilot."
"Bubba is a very religious man." 
"Bubba believes we will make it thru this shit."

When we touched down on the runway in Athens
I got out and down on my knees and kissed the tarmac.

Since then the idea of owning my personal plane
ended.

Alan
Robert Alan Black, Ph.D., CSP, DLA, TMI-Gold
 

Comments

Popular Posts