2003 Trip Around - A day in Hemiji, Japan

2003 Trip Around - A day in Hemiji, Japan


I have posted a set of photos at this site on my WanderingAlan Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.477572515611277.95004.318524128182784&type=1


This map shows the over all areas of Japan I have visited: 2003 (2 weeks), 2004 (2 days) 2005 (2 days), 2007 (2 days) and 2008 (1 week-specifically for the Sakura Blossom Season)

Each time I flew to Osaka to visit Japan or as a stop over in route to Asia.

The first trip, part of my 2003 Trip Around I spent two weeks starting with Osaka.  While in Osaka I was taken to Kyoto, Himeji, Nara and another area, plus to Wakayama.  Then I traveled train to Fuki, and then Toyoma. From Toyoma I flew to Tokyo and back to Osaka by the "Bullet Train".


My second full day in Osaka, Japan in 2003 consisted of me waking up early and wandering around the city a little more freer and with more ease. Each day I became more and more familiar with the layout of Osaka and how to get around the city on foot, by bus, by elevated subway like train and general long distance trains.

Then around 10 am Miyoshi-san and Mr Muro arrived once again to take me on a day of touring.

This day was a trip to Hemiji to see one of the oldest and best maintained Japanese castles in the country.



walking through an enclosed commercial street in Osaka.


a unique hotel I saw on the highway on the way to Himeji.

Here I am in front of the castle in the distance on the hill behind me.





here are images of Japanese road signs.



views of enclosed commercial shopping arcade in Himeji



after touring the castle and walking around Himeji we had lunch in this Italian restaurant














this is the group of business people and engineers I presented to that evening in Osaka.
They called their organization: 'WHO MOVED MY CHEESE'


the president of the group in the second row on the left who was the tallest man in the group invited me to spend a day with him has his family when I returned to Osaka about 10 days later.

That also was a fabulous day.

Comments

Popular Posts