Did You Hang Out at Dutch's?



I have asked this in past years

Who hung out at Dutch's after their classes at OHS?

Dorothy Savino
I did and so did my husband

Alan Black
Dorothy...what years?

Lucy Nolan-Dilbert
I did, before, during and sometimes after school.

Alan Black
thank you Lucy...what years?

Linda
From what I recall, wasn't it a Rocker/Greaser's hangout? Not too many wearing Madras or Pea Coats were seen going in there.Leather jackets were the attire.

Alan Black
Linda....

no the COLLEGE PREP types, SOCIAL CLIMBERS or the ATHLETES didn't hangout at DUTCH's after school

more the COOL KIDS did.

Never used the terms Rocker/Greasers while I was at OHS 1958 to 1962

I had no real reason to go home right after school.

I don't remember what caused me to go in their the first time or too.

I was one who sat at the counter on a stool by myself.

Banjo, Dutch and his wife all made me feel welcome from the beginning.

Eventually they saw me drawing cartoons while I was sitting them and asked me to make posters or signs for them.

My first paying clients.

I was a GRAY STUDENT. Quiet usually. Like QUIDAM from the Cirque Soleil program of years ago. Just there. No one noticed me.

Alan Black
yes on the leather jackets, guys or girls....levi's/blue jean's similar to what would be called Rockers or Greasers in the 70s

Curious how their lives panned out

No doubt many of the guys ended up going to Vietnam. Sadly some of their names are on THE WALL in DC now.

Comments

Popular Posts