Getting Organized Once Again. At Least that is my Goal

Getting Organized Once Again.  
At Least that is my Goal
Dear . . .

Thanks for this chat about our ORGANIZING STYLES

Now I have finally completed reading your FILING SYSTEM post.

Obviously it has worked for you.

My challenge is that I continually attempt to improve my systems, get bored with them and have another AHA! and create a new one, etc.
My usual joke about list making by the 4 primary styles is
Meditatives only choose to focus on what they are doing immediately and don't make lists

Intuitives make lists after prioritizing the things using index cards or Post-It Notes™ that they must get done (in color) but by the end of the day they usually add 5 or more things to their original list and probably lose or misplace the list and find it weeks to months later.

Negotiatives rarely make lists

Directives created the process of making lists and always use them crossing things off one by one always finishing things on time.

this is how I typically explain in it workshops.

Meditatives - have a simple system they never change

Intuitives usually continually search for the creative and ideal system, which they never find

Negotiatives usually don't have a system they just pile and rely on family or friends to help them when they forget or lose things

Directives swear by their perfect system which is like the Dewey Decimal System.

  Roman Numerals
    Capital Letters
       Arabic numerals
          lower case letters
             etc. like we were taught in high school.

Yours sounds like a combination of 
an Intuitive and a Directive system

In the 80s up to when Merry became sick and thru her YEAR OF HELL I was extremely organized and very paper focused.

From when I returned from my traveling 1998 until 2006 I became more and more electronic and left most of my paper files either in my metal filing cabinets,
cardboard storage boxes, closets or attic spaces and my Creativity Studio and have mostly 

WINGED IT 
ever since now for 12 years.


I have chosen to live in the moment and creatively found ways to finance my daily life ever since.

Once again I am attempting to ORGANIZE MY STUFF
as I have often in November & December many years since 1980 to get organized again.

I am about 1/3 of the way through the clustered chaos in my Creativity Studio now.


Last night I removed 12 boxes, emptying 3 of them. 9 filled with various clothes are back in my MBR walk-in closet on Shelves.


If I don't lose this zealous drive before the New Year I will re-sort each of these boxes and pull out clothes I no longer need or want and give them away to the Potter House or Salvation Army (not the Goodwill)

The toys & props I will sort out and give away what I no longer want or need to the local Ronnie McDonald House (classmates of Jessica's from Berry College ran it a few years ago, don't know if they still do) or to a local Elementary or Nursery School.

This this PROPS, STUFF & FILES shelving
system I installed in 1999.



Here is my CLUSTERED PILES of luggage and other travel bags.



Here is the drawing, design area that I cleared off yesterday and relocated all the cartoon class stuff to the storage wall.


Here is my upstairs office that since I tore rotator cuffs in 2006 I have rarely used except to store things.

I just cleared off the desk by putting everything into two cardboard storage boxes that I will go thru and sort out and discard things I no longer want or put them in their respective storage boxes

I began creating and working in this office in 1986 after we moved into this house.  It has gone through many generations of redesign during the next 20 years.

I was paper and file folder focused then.

See the 10 filing drawers sorted by need.



See the 4 more metal filing drawers



view of my living room from top of the stairs



View of living from from the opposite wall



view of my 3 dimensional abstract Holidays Tree



Living view with window fabrics down



View of my Dining Area, mostly my work area since 2006.



view of my Holidays decorations on my credenza
in the Dining/Work Area



This chat about organizing has been fun and a challenge.

Comments

Popular Posts