What is your Preferred Thinking Style?

What is your Preferred Thinking Style?

The following is a slide presentation explaining my

Model "Q" teaching/training/leading/sales Model







This original blog was written to a colleague who uses the NBI model and instruments in his professional work and written a excellent book using it to develop Leadership Skills & Styles.

Some additional background material from my 42 years of studying STYLE MODELS since 1976

The four rings I have worn for about 35 years represent the 4 primary extreme styles found in model thinking style models and theories.



This is June Cline's Humor or Comedy Style Questionnaire that coincides the the typical thinking style models and theories.



This is a promotional graphic representing my 4 primary teaching/training/leading/sales/marketing model

In the 80s I ran THE DISC System, INC. one of nearly 100 different companies that sell DISC based test instruments based upon the work of William Marston from his book THE EMOTIONS OF NORMAL PEOPLE published in the 1920s and the creation of one of his doctoral students, Walter C. Clarke

It explores BEHAVIOR PATTERNS not THINKING STYLES but there is some overlap with the two models




Here are 16 basic traits that find the 4 primary extreme styles of ALL the instruments I have studied or used since 1976.

These are coded using my M.I.N.D. Design™






Because you (may colleague from The Netherlands) are very knowledgeable about the NBI model the following will make sense


I am one of the highest R1s or Upper Rights or whatever name the extreme cognitive right brain preferred thinkers ever scored on 

Herrmann's HBDI 
MBTI highest N score 
KAI - highest Innovator score  156
Torrance Solat score

On my own M.I.N.D. Design which I created in 1982 after studying dozens of different models.  After I complete my PhD a study in the matching of learning and teaching styles using primarily the HBDI instrument I did a correlation study of 300 instruments with 300 UGA students from 12 different majors, depts or colleges here in Athens

The correlation scores were high .8s to .94

Most nerds, techs, geeks tend to be mostly Lower Lefts, L2s, Adaptors not Innovators, who think they are

Upper Lefts, L1s and middle KAIs

They speak a very different language that I do even though I have complete college degrees that fall into the 4 separate style preferences

L1 - BS architecture

L2 - Ph.D Educational Psychology

R2 - MEd in Guidance and Counseling

R1 - 2 masters degrees in art

but I am still by preference an extreme UPPER RIGHT Intuitive and an ambivert by choice and more often lean to being an introvert and a loner.

Comments

Popular Posts