What is the most hospitable country you have been to?

What is the most hospitable country you have been to?

Peter Bakubawa, a friend in Uganda asked me this today

"I have another question. Talking about hospitality, what is the most hospitable country of all those you visited. Have you met any hostile community in all your travels?"


Alan Black 

"of the 93 countries, I have been to

I have experienced negativeness in almost all of them

but like the Bible story, one my father often referred to, especially related to traveling

beggar at the city gates

he is approached by a young man

"What are the people like in this country?"

the beggar asks first

"What are the people like in your country?"

"Friendly, caring, loving, giving but we are suffering from a drought and we need help"

beggar responses

"Enter those are the kind of people you will find here."

Later a second man arrives

He also asks the beggar

"What are the people in this city like?"

the beggar asks first

"What are the people like in your country?"

the 2nd man responds

"thieves, mean, cruel, self-centered, selfish."

the beggar responds

"do not enter this gate, you will only find the same kind of people."

Peter generally I have found mostly hospitable people in all countries unless I was in a bad mood or approached them poorly.

i.e.:

when I was in Athens, Greece in 1977 on my first full day I walked from my modest pension the length of the Centennial Park and up the winding roads to the Acropolis very early in the morning to avoid TOURISTS and CROWDS 

I found a small shop and went inside and with the very little Greek I knew i ordered 1 Coca Cola and 1 baklava.

The woman became so happy, so excited that I had tried to speak in Greek, her language, she gave me both for FREE.

As ye sow
so shall ye reap

there are wonderful to horrible people in all countries, states, cities, towns, villages.

Peter I learned to be a VISITING TRAVELER not a TOURIST from my parents.

Comments

Popular Posts