Do you want others to THINK like you do?

Do you want others to THINK like you do?





Did you marry your spouse because they THOUGHT THE SAME AS YOU DID?



Over the years I worked with Community Leadership Group Retreats where husbands and wives attended I use one simple exercise I first saw a CPSI presenter use and then discovered who taught him to use it, Ned Herrmann.

The first one Bill ??? (I apologize I don't remember your family name 40 years later)  had posters in the 4 corners of the room.

He asked all the participants to go stand in the corner that had their favorite (whatever) on the poster.

animal
bird
desert
and 4 or 5 other topics

then he led us through some exercises to help us understand why we tended to stand in the same corner or corners most of the time.

NED did his using the 4 major or primary thinking styles on his HBDI

L1, L2, R2, R1  or Upper Left, Lower Left, Lower Right, Upper Right
Based upon his Whole Brain Dominance Instrument.

Once I created my short version based upon my dissertation research into many such instruments I began using my own

M - Meditative
I - Intuitive
N - Negotiative
D - Directive

What i found with hundreds of groups with spouses in them
husbands and and wives most of the time 2/3 or better stop in diagonally different corners

here is a simple 16 characteristic chart



demonstrating that

OPPOSITES ATTRACT
more often than
BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER.  

Comments

Popular Posts