We don't get what we want (or Dream for) but we get what we NEED

We don't get what we want (or Dream for)
but we get what we NEED!

A long time friend wrote a piece about
achieving dreams and goals or solving problems
and shared the lyrics of the STONES™ song

He began his long Facebook post with...

"I got a little doorgemijmerd on my blog last week. I described the way you could deal with confrontations. I realized this week I'm a part of that phenomenon myself. I am restless, always looking for the next step. I have dreams, always dreams. I always look for the (Proverbial) Pot of gold under the rainbow. But the fact is, you can't have everything you want. That would make you a spoiled brat. Even the richest on earth can't have everything they want. Money is not for sale."

Then he posted the entire lyrics of the STONES™ song...

“ You can’t always get what you want.
https://buff.ly/2AChPje

interesting piece S.  Thanks for sharing.

My response....

After reading and studying a large number of
self-help or motivational books
and material about creative thinking, problem solving,
life and philosophy of life
and by living into my 8th decade
I have learned to accept
that we don't always

".. get what (WE) need..."

we can get what we accept
or willing to take or create
by changing our standards
or simply giving in
and stop chasing our dreams
for a while.

LIFE HAPPENS. It is what we CHOOSE TO DO 
sometimes that helps us survive.

No music needed.

Cirque soleil created their musical "Quidam",
the story of the invisible man.

so have creative writers over the centuries
probably from the Greeks and or Romans
and other cultures about...

Grey People - unsupported

the people others don't notice
the people who family, friends and others forget about
and simply do not take the time
to reach out to when they might or really need help
from a smile to a hug to true love

then those individuals can choose to create their own happiness or end their pain, suffering and choose to DIE:
mentally, emotionally, socially or finally physically.

Comments

Popular Posts