TO SAVE & STORE OR NOT TO SAVE & STORE

TO SAVE & STORE OR NOT TO SAVE & STORE

My responses to your message

Thanks for your update. Not easy when funds are tight. You have to do what you have to do to keep the balance.

Since 2006 I have become financially even more controlled and focused.
Got out of debt shortly after Merry died in 1998 and paid off the mortgage
and made a promise to myself I would NEVER pay interest ever again.

Was able to keep my self-promise until last October when I finally
decided to have the entire outside of my house painted instead
of just the wood trim.  Unfortunately thanks to the damn squirrels
over almost 30 years I had to spend money to repair their damage.

I had already sold off piece by piece my investments to keep afloat until October 2016

Since 2006 I have STOPPED BUYING STUFF and focusing my spending
on only necessities and EXPERIENCES.



A friend told me about Jane. It is knew footage. Like you I have seen things about her and her amazing work. This is a National Geographic production. 

Maybe I can find the movie, JANE, on the National Geographic channel on my AMAZON FIRE.


I am sure you will like it. As animal lovers we really loved the film.

NO DOUBT I WILL.

Loving Van Gogh is outstanding- digital animation. You will really like it given your background. It is a Polish animated film. Really amazing

I have seen nearly everything in movies about VINCENT

We are movie lovers. There hasn't been much in months.

I typically have seen 50 to 60+ movies each year for many years until the past 3. 
I am very particular about what I spend that money one.  

Every since seeing my first movie theater movie, especially since CINEARMA movies in the 50s or 60s I have preferred going to the movies over watching tv or laptop screens or other small screens on airplanes and other small devices.


I like you nailing down your focus. It is a different world out there from the older days!! The technological revolution is just that, a revolution. We need to adjust. We came from another moment in time so that requires course correction.

For 11 years now I have become more and more focused and especially since I returned 3 years ago.

I am in the middle of scanning all my files of favorite articles ...

I transfer scanned docs from the computer to a big thumb drive. Then I will eventually move it all to an external hard drive

I have been backing up files from my various laptops to external media since my first computer, the IBM PCjr that Merry won in 1985.

5 1/2 floppies
3 1/2 floppies
Zip Drives
Maxtor and other brand external drives
SD cards of various sizes
flash drives
etc.
 
Sporadically over the last 50 years I have weeded out, sorted out, ripped through magazines and newspapers to free up space wherever I lived at the time.

Typically my filing and organizing systems have been very much in tune with my HIGHLY DIVERGENT UPPER RIGHT-BRAIN Nature

file by file
when files fall over
put files in folders and pile them
or put them in filing cabinet drawers by topic
when the filling cabinet drawers get full I file file folders by topic in boxes
once the boxes are filled I fill over boxes and begin piling them by topic
once the boxes become too plentiful I choose closest or rooms and label them by topics
i.e.: audio visual closet
business materials closet 
or fill shelves by topic

Fortunately technology and the internet and the www came along and I became digital
or my house would truly by a HOARDERS HELL for sure.

Over the technology and digital years I have attempted when so motivated
to better organize past files, materials and props

now most of those partially in process are still in progress
are semi-organized in my CREATIVITY ROOM
that I created by enclosing my 2 car garage in 1999
with the plan of only using the space for doing various CREATIVE THINGS


in the middle are storage boxes filled with SPRING & SUMMER clothing currently




this corner contains bags and suitcases and other things to be purged or stored


this was meant to be storage wall for workshop, training, university course materials originally


these boxes in alphabetical order are from a concentrated effort over about 6 weeks to actually organize my
CHAOS




SO THIS IS MY STORY IN RESPONSE TO YOUR STORY PAT.


Comments

Popular Posts