A NEW WAVE OF VISUAL THINKING & NOTETAKING BOOKS.


A NEW WAVE OF VISUAL THINKING & NOTETAKING BOOKS.
Since I was about 10 years old I have been collecting books about drawing, sketching, visual notetaking. My mother bought me my first 2 or 3. I have bought perhaps over 100 since from high school thru college thru graduate school thru teaching art thru learning about developing creative thinking.

Drawing Solutions: How Visual Goal Setting Will Change Your Life
by Patti Dobrowolski (Paperback)
Sketching User Experiences: The Workbook
by Saul Greenberg (Paperback)
The Graphic Facilitator's Guide: How to use your listening, thinking and drawing skills to make meaning
by Brandy Agerbeck (Paperback)
Ed Emberley's Drawing Book: Make a World (Ed Emberley Drawing Books)
by Ed Emberley (Paperback)
Sketchnotes 2011
by Eva-Lotta Lamm (Paperback)
The Art of Explanation: Making your Ideas, Products, and Services Easier to Understand
by Lee LeFever (Paperback)
The Sketchnote Handbook Video Edition: the illustrated guide to visual note taking
by Mike Rohde (Paperback)
Comments
Pat Wagman Any of the books get a higher recommendation than others?
Manage
Robert Alan Black I didn't look for how many stars they got. I have not purchased or send any of these. May wander thru them on Amazon on a slow day in the next month for future purchases.
Manage
Charles Cave I bought the sketch noting book by Mike Rohde as a PDF download
Manage
Robert Alan Black how do you like it so far Charles?
Manage
Raúl Collado We´re talikng about this post with Cathy de Seton, Alan. So far the only i could find is Mike Rhode´s great blog. Hope you like it if you don´t know it.

http://rohdesign.com/
Website for designer and sketchnoter Mike…
ROHDESIGN.COM
Manage
Robert Alan Black Raul...thanks. I just bookmarked the blog and will visit it later.
Manage
Raúl Collado You can download for free one chapter of his book there (I´ve done it), but the pages open too slowly. Sure the designed information is too condensed and heavy. The solution would be to directly print it if it´s worth.
Manage
Robert Alan Black Rhode looks like he has created a very professional and useful blog to support his book.
Manage
Raúl Collado Certainly, Alan. I find it very useful for those who have great skills in drawing and sketching, like you. Whether I like it or not I´m absolutely inept for these matters - though I´d love not to!
Manage
Robert Alan Black there have been many books about drawing, sketching, thumbnail sketching. I probably have over 100 in my own library. The original message for this thread provided a list of some of the most current published ones.

Copy, Trace, Copy, Trace, practice, practice....drawing can be learned and improved
Manage
Raúl Collado For sure. So far my students laugh at my drawings, há, há... but we laugh together. Otherwise they themselves go and draw the sketch onto the blackboard.
Manage

Comments

Popular Posts