NOT EVERYONE LIKES THE SAME OR EVERYTHING!

Thank you B

this is response to a Facebook post from a friend

Alan Black to each their own. Not everyone likes the same thing which is why people like Tom Scott can make a living because there are people who like how he does his videos as there are people who like the screaming people on screen videos.

Personally I don't find Trevor Noah funny as host of the daily show (his standup routine is brilliant). I like Colbert but stopped watching because of the unending politics.

I loved Craig Ferguson, but alas he stopped doing his late late show.

Alan Black
the name Craig Ferguson is vaguely familiar.

I have only had a real tv cable system for a shot time two years ago after 10 years of NONE.

Instead of paying for hundreds of channels that I didn't watch I spent the money on DVD sets of series I liked

WITHOUT COMMERCIALS

Alan Black
now I have only ROKU (free, whatever it is but rarely watch it)
and basic NETFLIX or YouTube on my laptop or my Amazon fire

NO COMMERCIALS

the only Trevor Noah I watch are the occasional pieces that Facebook Friends repost

Same with SNL and Stephen Colbert or Bill Maher

Comedy Channel I can watch hours of Colbert or Maher but it is so negative and almost only about POLITICS or things they HATE

yes to EACH THEIR OWN....

different generations, races, educational backgrounds, life, work, experiences.

You and I have some that are the same or overlap

I never like the Seinfeld Show about nothing
the characters are all way over the top
same with EVERYONE LOVES RAYMOND...no not everyone

that kind of humor is CRAP to me.

M*A*S*H I have the entire 11 years on DVD and often rewatch episodes, especially to go to sleep

FRASIER I have all the entire 10 years on DVD
but now I watch it using NETFLIX on my Amazon FIRE to go to sleep

In both cases I use many of the episodes link counseling sessions....

I look for the positive things the characters did/do
and rethink the negatives....am I doing those?

Some evenings I explore other shows on NETFLIX.

If I like a couple episodes I BINGE through ALL of the "FREE" episodes

I will rarely pare $1.99 to watch one tv show.

Since YouTube was created I have used it around the world until all the PAY FOR WHAT FREE networks like Netflix, HULU, etc. became the NORM

BLUE BLOODS got hooked
LONGMIRE got hooked
and a few similar mystery shows from around the globe

Some I stop within minutes and NEVER watch any more.

Most recently thanks to you I got partially hooked on

DESIGNATED SURVIVOR

even though it reminded me of Keifer's previous tv show 24 Hours

too intense
too extreme
too unreal

Eventually over 2 weeks I did watch all of the episodes of DS
out of curiosity, not because I necessarily enjoyed them.

Our country is weird enough now.

Comments

Popular Posts