motivational influences in my life

motivational influences in my life

Hello Jim

I just watched your first Lesson Tape from the Chinese Series.

I have heard you in person and on recordings of different types since I first joined NSA in 1989 tell your story from Little Rock to NSA-President.

Had lunch with you and visited your office in 2004 or 2005.

You have supported me professionally over the years.

I went to the 1990 convention and was not aware of the Nightingale part of your story until now

When I first got married in 1966 my Father in Law a moderately successful and very honest salesman gave me a 78 rpm recording of Nightingale's the Strangest Secret and began to read the same books you did during my 1 hr devoted to becoming a success as an architect

In 1976 I was a licensed architect with a national license and 3 state licenses and awards as a designer from my first 10 years

Then I discovered the development of creative thinking as my next PASSION and began speaking at Rotaries, Kiwanis, Lions and other clubs about Gifted Education that I was doing as a volunteer.

Stop

I applied what I learned from Earl N's record and later audio tapes along with what I was learning from reading the same books, over 200 all total

In 1980 I joined a local Toastmasters to learn how to speak.

In 1988 I visited GSA in March and joined in November (now NSA-GA).

In March 1989 I joined NSA.

Thanks to you Jim Pancero, chairperson of the NSA Foundation, I have been able to guarantee to maintain my membership in NSA for 3 more years.  The interesting connection with that is I sat at the table with Cavet Roberts and other major people in NSA at the Convention in 1990 when the Foundation awarded Frank Better's wife a gift to help her with her financial challenges after his death.

the loss of my son to a drunk truck driver in 1988

the loss of my wife, soulmate, best friend to suicide in 1998

my 4+ weeks in jail/prison

my choosing to focus on traveling the world and on the development of creative thinking as an advocate, often doing free speeches, workshops, training programs once again beginning in 1998 and primarily in 2006

and a variety of other losses have knocked me down many times over the past 42 years

Each time I have gotten up again.

Used much of what I learned from Frank Bettger, and so many others to climb out of so many holes.

I used what I learned to become very knowledgeable in all 8 of the professions I have chosen to work in since 1960.

Thank you again for sharing your more complete story.

Alan

Comments

Popular Posts