NEW LIFE, NEW COUNTRY, NEW PROFESSION

NEW LIFE, NEW COUNTRY, 
NEW PROFESSION

(this is a first draft of a memoir about the many times I have put myself at risk and survived).....if you truly read this I really would appreciate comments, suggestions about how I might make it more interesting to read.

YES ALL NEW

I grew up in Detroit, Michigan in a modest working class neighborhood.  My father was a mechanical engineer and one of the few WHITE COLLAR people on our block.

I married someone whose father was a mildly successful salesman and they lived it a wealthy neighborhood on the westside.

Out of my class

Her entire family wanted to move to FLORIDA (long story).

I was the first one to land a job and to move.

I lived in their motorhome parked in the driveway of one of his sisters who was a factory worker and her husband ran his own cleaning business, cleaning restaurants mainly.  Very kind helpful people.  I worked with BUD on the weekends to help pay them for letting live in their driveway.

M to F I worked at the architectural firm as a project architect in Palm Beach, way out of my league.

Though I didn't require a visa I might as well have come from a foreign country.

- - - -

skip ahead 7 years

we divorced
I had become a licensed architect
I lived in a one bedroom apartment
that mutual friends found me where the owner was willing to let me slide on rent until I could pay it, which I never had to.

I lost my project architect job

started my own architectural firm (just me myself and I) in a bare concrete and concrete block wall storage space that belonged to people I knew who set up my apartment rental and didn't charge me because I did graphic and advertising work for them.

That was in Boynton Beach a small retirement and vacation town in southern Palm Beach, a working class town.

I was in a foreign country once again

as we USA citizens often say

BEEN THERE
DONE THAT
GOT THE T-SHIRT to PROVE IT

did I learn anything from it?

I hope so

BLAH BLAH BLAH

I have started with nothing several times
I have been in debt before
I have had plenty of money to support myself for years whether I worked or not before.

You are gambling with your career
and you life

Comments

Popular Posts