One Photograph Cost Me 4+ Weeks of My Life

One Photograph Cost Me 4+ Weeks of My Life 

Wade thank you for asking...

On October 21st, 2014 I was picked up twice by security officers suspected of taking ILLEGAL PHOTOS.

1st time they found none on my camera or my phone

2nd time they did and I was detained for hours

moved to a jail after being interrogated for many hours at 3:30 am

7 days later I was moved to the Al Wathba Prison where I was held for 3+ weeks until through the efforts of a core group of 9 colleagues and my children and thousands of people who signed a State Dept Petition, nearly a couple hundred donated money to a GoFund I met the lawyer that was hired on November 16th to review my case, on November 17th I and one other prisoner were taken to the UAE Superior Court in Abu Dhabi where the 3 Superior Judges heard my lawyer and I separately present my case, deliberated and ruled towards the end of the day

NOT GUILTY, No Wilful Intent to Do Harm
and declared a minimum fine that they waved

I was released late at night on November 18 to returned home

I walked in my front door in Athens at 10:30 am on November 18th a free person.

One photograph

the subject?

A sign that said in English

PHOTOGRAPHY FORBIDDEN.

I have written and published my book about it

MY ANGELS & MY DEMONS

both electronically and in print using LULU.

it is available through LULU, Amazon or me directly.

Thanks for asking Wade.

you can also read many of the chapters on a BLOG I created beginning in December 2014.

https://alanangelsanddemons.blogspot.com/.../where-hell...

ALAN MY ANGELS AND MY DEMONS.BLOGSPOT.COM
Where the Hell is Alan?

Comments

Popular Posts