My son Jeffrey Alan Black


My son Jeffrey Alan Black

My son Jeff was born in 1967 around the time of the Detroit Riots.

When he was 1 year old Detroit Tigers won the WORLD SERIES

When he was 2 years old Neal Armstrong walked on the MOON.

He was 9 when I divorced his mother

and 12 when I left for Athens to chase my newest passion that has mostly lasted for 43 years.

He lived with Merry, J and I for a couple months in 1982.

The last time I saw him was in the preparation room of a funeral parlor.

1976 to 1979 I spent as much time with him and Scott when I wasn't working or in school at night playing sports, games, going to the beach, museums, amusement parks, including DisneyWorld, Universal Studios and taking them with me on a week long trip to Gifted Education Programs in the Southeastern states.

For 31 years I have honored him a few days each year.

Think of him most to all days still.

I have devoted my work since 1976 to him and my 1st nephew who died of luekemia just before he turned 6.

Both were extremely academically and creatively gifted an in Jeff's case socially/emotionally gifted.

To him there were no strangers
just friends and friends he hadn't met yet.

Comments

Popular Posts