Thank you United for your SERVICE that SUCKED.

Thank you United for your SERVICE that SUCKED.



Det

A few years ago when I was flying to Singapore my flight from Atlanta eastward was cancelled due to a storm.

When I asked how else can I make it to Singapore I was re-routed on United/Continental to Dallas and from Dallas to Moscow, Moscow to Singapore.

When I arrived in Dallas from Atlanta I knew I had less than an hour layover. I asked the United stewardess (wrong person they know nothing about baggage handling) "Will my luggage make this flight"

"Yes sir it will."

I walked the very long hallways to the departure gate where I had about 15 minutes wait until take off.

I asked the stewardess on my departure flight
"Can you check to see if my luggage made the flight."

"No problem sir."

I asked in Moscow but none of the employees could verify if my luggage was on the plane.

When I arrived at the Singapore Changi Airport
my luggage did not arrive.

I walked to the Luggage Problem Office

The young man interviewed me about my luggage
while filling out the electronic form. Then he handed me a check for S$150 to purchase clothes.

Singapore Airlines gave me the check and they were not to blame. Instead they temporarily solved my problem

Then I caught a taxi to my hotel.

Clothes was not a problem actually. I had brought one change in my carry on luggage.

The problem was I had packed the two very heavy, clumsy, extra batteries for my Apple laptop I was using then in my checked in luggage. That left me with 2 hours of battery life remaining.

I downloaded my ppt and other materials to an external drive I was carrying.

My luggage showed up on the 3rd day.

Thank you United for your SERVICE that SUCKED.


Comments

Popular Posts