MY UN-LOCATED CHECKED BAGS

MY UN-LOCATED CHECKED BAGS 
(story from 4 years ago)


two reports filed,
Two separate baggage finding agencies contacted
no phone calls
no baggage

Over all the years I have traveled

Yes bags miss connections
Yes bags some times do end up at incorrect airports
Yes bags some times gets misplaced
In my case the bags have never been completely lost.

I always got them back eventually, usually on the next day's flight, whether in Athens, Georgia after returning from somewhere in the US or around the world.

Also I have eventually gotten my bags delivered to my hotels, meeting locations, B&Bs or resorts in 2 to 3 days in Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa.

The reason I never had a lost bag during my extended trips, whether around ALL of Europe, UK, part of the Middle East, Eastern Europe, or completely around the world to 16 to 30 countries....

I DID NOT CHECK THEM!

I carried them on.

Because I was going to be away for two weeks doing presentations in 2 countries for different groups and a pair of 2-day workshops I decided to carry more: props, materials, books. I chose to use a "medium" size pull behind bag and a smaller one with 4 wheels and split the materials, books and clothing between the two with the plan to carry the smaller one with 4 wheels ON THE PLANES with me.

But the very friendly, very helpful, very kind Delta Employee said he would check my "2 bags" for no extra charge.

My English & Scottish inherited background caused me to SAVE MONEY and energy of pulling the heavy, though small and with 4 wheels bag.

DING!.......my sub-conscious or my 50+ years of traveling did not RING A BELL and WARN ME not to do that.

I always carry on what I need for my work: computer, phones, thumb drives.

I will stop with the details.

I am getting tired of telling this story and reliving it though I find more ways to make possibly funnier each time.

Comments

Robert Alan Black 
don't read this one unless you are truly interested or about to travel by plane soon and haven't travelled much.

Tim 
wow, am sorry to hear that Alan, I hope things turn up. wish there was something I could do to help.

Robert Alan Black 
thanks for you wishing you could help.

Since I began posting journal messages about my traveling I have usually not reported or wrote about the negative experiences from lost bags to cancelled flights, cancelled trains, train worker strikes, cholera, bus driver strikes, bad food, ho...

Karen  
I also carry on a 'mission critical' bag just in case . . . Praying to the luggage gods your bags show up. You could look at this as an opportunity to improvise and be creative.

Sherri 
We so feel your pain and weariness of it all!! But thanks for sharing!!

Pat
You took the forbidden fruit! On the optimistic side, it could take awhile for you to be rejoined to your baggage. Don't give up hope. Once a "lost" bag appeared 10 days later at my home after taking many long trip here there and everywhere.

Sherri
I have found that life gives us Salt and Pepper. It is all part of life. Sometimes you just have VENT!!! Your are human, Alan and it is OK to share the good and the bad.

Cathy 
Hope you are reunited with you wares real soon...

Janice 
so sorry you continue to be plagued with troubles on this trip. maybe it bodes well for no problems at all on your next trip?

Robert Alan Black everything else has been excellent so far. Still no bags yet nor information of where they are now.


Comments

Popular Posts