Gwen Applause! Applause! Applause!

Gwen 

Applause! Applause! Applause!

Enjoyed your presentation about

TRAVELING ON THE CHEAP

last night very much.

Our travel lives have many parallels.

My parents took road trips every Summer from 1950 onward when I was 5 upto 1962 when I was 18 visiting all 48 mainland states; parts of northern Mexico and across Ontario to Toronto and onto Quebec City and Montreal...a few states each Summer.

Your family used a canvas pop up tent trailer.

We stayed with relatives a couple times but mainly in AAA or Quality or Best Western approved motels.

They various tips and ways you described about how you have traveled internationally since the late 60s or early 70s parallel my international travel around the globe beginning in 1976.

Thank you for sharing so much.
resources you may want to add to your presentation when Van puts it up on the ACC Library's website


SERVAS
2 traveling friends told me about SERVAS encouraging me to join in 2000 in preparation of my first TRIP COMPLETELY AROUND the GLOBE in 2001.

International Association

https://www.servas.org



United States SERVAS

https://usservas.org/steps/become-traveler

as I briefly said last night

I joined as  TRAVEL MEMBER & as a HOST MEMBER in 2000.  

Back then you could be either or both.

I would love to be a host but only once have I been contacted by a traveler coming to Athens.

I would definitely love to have any of my hosts from NZ and AUS as my guests in my home.

Thanks to the internet and SERVAS I was able to arrange house stays with people around New Zealand and Australia.

Because most of my traveling since has included professional work where Clients paid for my housing or I have with friends I have not used SERVAS recently

Still highly recommend it.

Every host was fantastic!

Become a Traveler | US Servas
How would you like to travel and build peace at the same time? US Servas Travelers have been doing just that since 1948.Servas members meet with volunteer interviewers for an orientation and identity check. We make every effort to keep this screening process as easy as possible while still providing...
usservas.org


Lonely Planet has been a great source too.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com



When I planned my second trip COMPLETELY AROUND in 2003
Lonely Planet members were of great help, especially for traveling to Russia: Moscow and St. Petersburg.

No doubt there are many Lonely Planet travelers and active members in Athens and throughout Georgia.



Mobissimo

http://www.mobissimo.com/search_airfare.php


Flights Travel & Hotel Search Engine Website | Cheap International Airline Tickets | Mobissimo

Find and book cheap airline tickets for domestic and international flights. Get the best deals on car rentals and hotels with Mobissimo travel search engine, your ultimate airfare search engine.
mobissimo.com





International Travel Brokers - Financial District - San Francisco, CA



Specialties: International Travel Brokers has provided an excellent and unique experience to its customers for over 20 years. We have earned the reputation of a competitive, trustworthy, and meticulous agency. Your convenience is our first…
yelp.com

Travel Brokers...
buying tickets through Travel Brokers in 2001 2002, 2003 plus 2004 saved me a great deal of money for one-way tickets
another tip that I have not used



Another trip tip...that can save a great deal of money or at least could years ago.  I have never used this but several traveling friends have.

Open Tickets within a give time period.

You commit to the first ticket and the last and then order all the others along the way during your trip.

Some of my global travel friends have been doing this for years.



Comments

Popular Posts