thank you for your wisdom

thank you for your wisdom
thank you for your support
thank you for your friendship
thank you for your thoughts & Ideas


as the phrase goes

BEEN THERE 
DONE THAT
GOT A #$%^&* Closet full of T-shirts to prove it

Yet did I learn from all that?

at least I believe I did




(because of the following I have become very selective since I moved to Athens
with the purpose of completely my Ph.D. and 
becoming a creative thinking consultant
about how I volunteer, when I volunteer for what I volunteer)

As a young man
as a young father
more so as a young weekend dad, 
during my first wife and I's separation and eventual divorce
I was extremely active too like your dad.

I worked, worked, worked and every night and weekend I was volunteering doing something.

football coach of my oldest son's team
soccer coach of my youngest son's team
Webloe Cub Scout leader
member and eventually chairperson of 
  Community Appearance Board 
  Building Board of Appeals 
President and member of CSI - Construction Specifiers Institute in Palm Beach 
member and potential president of the Palm Beach AIA - American Institute of Architects
PTA - member and president at Plumosa Elementary School 
one time Finance Chairman at Strathmoor Methodist Church in Detroit.
and I believe others 

In High School I was not active 

During my 4 years at LIT - Lawrence Institute of Technology while I was completely my BS in Architecture I was Student Council President, blah, blah, blah
and should have been for two years but my obsessive involvement
led to my grade point average dropping below the required level to apply for the second year.

During my FAREWELL address at the end of my presidency 
I received the MOST ACTIVE STUDENT AWARD who ended up with a C+ average because of its

if you have read through my winded response

Most of my volunteering the past 19 years 
has been around the globe while I was traveling/working.

What holds me back now
is the need to reawaken my ability to earn money again
and wipe our my accumulated debt since October
and potential debts related to my health and maintenance 
of my house

I jokingly tell people my only reason for earning money again
and not just doing what I have mostly done for free or at my cost
the past 19 years has been so that

I can do more.

But the pressure of having debt is currently weighing on me
until I wipe it out once again.

See you again soon


Alan

Comments

Popular Posts