So Many Functions I CAN NOT USE!

So Many Functions I CAN NOT USE!

Because of the expense of SMART PHONES I have changed providers from AT&T (expensive and poor coverage or inconsistent) to Verizon ( wider coverage and more consistent ).

I have chosen to go with just 
a BASIC Phone and pay for a minimal plan by month 
that I pay directly on a specific date each month through 
my checking account or credit card.

Similar to the way I used phones while traveling and working around the globe the past 10 or so years for convenience and emergency only not as mini computers or tablets.

I continue to use my laptop for all SMART STUFF with either my WIFI DSL at home or the many FREE WIFI spots wherever I travel: hotels, conference centers, restaurants, coffee shops.

This plan back-fired yesterday.

Without knowing that I was close to using up my 300 minutes for January during my important call, the phone suddenly without voice warning 

DIED.

The crap I had to go thru to get my phone functioning again was so back-ward and archaic.

Unlike the phone systems in the other countries where you can TOP OFF or INCREASE your available minutes almost everywhere in the town or city very simply for a small amount of money.

Thanks to the young employee who helped set up my new account back in November he got the CORPORATE person by phone to simply change my billing date.

The other employee (using her memorized knowledge of their systems and automatic NO Creative Thinking or useful customer helping problem solving) had no #$%^ FOGGY IDEA how to solve my problem.  All she did was help me pay for another month of service but the service would not be available until the 2nd, my official contract date.

So anal, assinine and not customer focused.

But alas, much like AT&T...
their primary business is YEARLY CONTRACTS pushing 
SMART PHONES.

The other quirk I have discovered with my monthly renewing contract is

My tiny little Samsun phone has a camera and I have learned how to use it to take pictures 

BUT

I can't download the photos unless I text them to someone to email to me or text them to my self but even then I still can not download them to my laptop.

I guessed why about two weeks ago....

Confirmed why on my 3rd visit to my local VERIZON office and 3rd employee I asked for help with downloading photos
that it is because I do not have A DATA Plan.

So I can take photos
save photos
look at photos (on my postage stamp size phone screen)

But I can not transfer them to any other device.

Urgh!   Functions that I can not use.

All I really wanted was a cell phone for emergencies 
and the rare call that I don't use SKYPE or other services 
to make that are FREE or very CHEAP.

Comments

Popular Posts