Happy People Create Happiness in Other People

Happy People Create Happiness in Other People

Dear Motivational Speaker/Trainer/Consultant

yes these are all things that are happy acts that lead to other happy acts and potential happiness.

My point is that those who do happy acts or appear happy and help others to experience happiness are not always HAPPY in their minds, hearts, souls.

When I was behind bars in jail and prison for 4+ weeks between October 21st and November 19th in 2014

I laughed, 
smiled, 
told jokes, 
saw things in funny ways, 
shared funny observations, 
made fun of guards, 
the food, 
things that happened each day

prisoners around me smiled or laughed
guards around me smiled or laughed
US Embassy people who visited me smiled or laughed.
either my son or daughter who got to speak to on the phone during the 15 minutes allowed times laughed and maybe smiled

all experienced some form of happiness

I was not HAPPY at the time

as some motivational, self-help authors, speakers, consultants often suggest

FAKE IT UNTIL YOU MAKE IT

I was doing what I did to cover up the pain, 
the fear, 
the frustration, 
the doubt of whether I would ever be released, 
or that I would live or die and never see my family or friends again

I was EXISTING

I was choosing to appear HAPPY

Alan

Comments

Popular Posts