Frank Bettger's book helped me almost 50 years ago.

To add to my last email

Frank Bettger's book helped me almost 50 years ago.

When I attended me very first National Speakers Association Convention in 1990 I knew almost no one at the banquet.   I ended up finding an empty seat at a table that was full of past or future NSA National Presidents.

Plus one older woman I didn't know either until I looked at the name card in front of her

Mrs. Frank Bettger, wife of the famous sales author.

NSA that year had started their Foundation to help speakers who had fallen on bad times.

Frank Bettger was the first or one of the first.

He had become very ill from a disease that physically and financially destroyed him.

NSA stepped forward to help his widow.

My last two years has not done that to me.

Simply I have done that to me by not marketing
in the US the past 11 years in an on-going, systematic, consistent way and always walking away from the type of work I did from 1980 to 2010:

Leadership
Communication
Teamwork
Negotiation
Diversity
and other workplace topics that were HOT in the 80s and 90s

in order to travel the world and focus on my 
real Passion
real Love
real Expertise

Creative Thinking

Similar to the final chapter in Mark Twain's life.

Our lives have many parallels

both his Wife and his favorite daughter died.
Many of his investments crashed and burned
and left him in tremendous debt.
He was not writing.
His books were not selling at record numbers

He didn't suddenly disappear and spend 4+ weeks behind bars 

but he was WORLD FAMOUS  
(I am not WORLD FAMOUS simply have traveled the world for 41 years)

One of his agents, promoters, closest friends convinced him to go on a global speaking tour.

Mark Twain became the first US traveling professional speaker.

He roamed the globe for years telling his stories.

That is what I am seeking to do now.


Alan


Robert Alan Black, Ph.D., CSP, DLA,TM-Gold
Create Your Life, Do not live one Created for You







Comments

Popular Posts