How to Deal with LIFE or SHIT When They Happen


two minimum choices (based upon an old joke)

1. become depressed or beaten by it
2. get excited because there must be a pony somewhere.

In 1978 thanks to 2 CPSI Leaders I began to learn how to deal with no matter what happens each day.

alpha - thanks to Sid X. Shore at CPSI
I ask WHAT'S GOOD ABOUT IT?

omega - thanks to Joel Goodman
I ask WILL I LAUGH ABOUT IT SOME DAY IN THE FUTURE
then begin LOOKING FOR THE FUNNY OR CREATE SOME.

Since I took Psychology 101 and Counseling 101 classes and when I began to learn about thinking style preferences I have collected or created ways (S.T.A.M.P.S.) of dealing with LIFE or SHIT that HAPPENS or SIMPLY IS.

S.T.A.M.P.S.

SYSTEMS
TOOLS/TECHNIQUES
APPROACHES/ATTITUDES
METHODS
PROCESSES
STRATEGIES

I have learned from two bumper sticker analogies/metaphors about LIVING

LIFE HAPPENS 
or
SHIT HAPPENS







Using my 43 years of studying THINKING STYLE PREFERENCES or LEARNING STYLES I have at least 4 to 24 ways of approaching how I deal with my DAILY LIFE or the SHIT that happens to, within and around me.



Meditative - Upper Left - SOLAT, HBDI, KAI, NBI, etc.
focus on it rationally, analyze, study and generate logical solutions

Intuitive - Upper Right - SOLAT, HBDI, KAI, NBI, etc.
divergently seek possible, potential, perhaps, even wild or weird ideas that may become solutions

Negotiative - Lower Right - SOLAT, HBDI, KAI, NBI, etc.
reach out to others: friends, family, professionals, strangers for ideas and support

Directive - Lower Left - SOLAT, HBDI, KAI, NBI, etc.
Use a systematic process or system to explore the challenge and discover a workable solution such as CPS or C,r,E,8,N,G,!

or

Physically do anything that allows me to complete a physical, intellectual or emotional task from organizing my work area, doing the dishes to prove to myself I can accomplish things still.

or

simply walk away...go for a walk in nature

or

listen to beautiful music

or

read something motivational

Good Luck.


Choose to see it as LIFE not SHIT

Comments

Popular Posts