my last REAL FULL-TIME JOB


Image may contain: text

This hasn't been my life since April 1976 when I was laid off from my last REAL FULL-TIME JOB in Palm Beach, Florida.

Now I walk less than 18 ft from my bed to my desk/dining table,
turn on my laptop and I am instantly at work in my home when not on the road working with clients and sometimes I work virtually without leaving my home..
or
like this morning
I woke up in a 5-star hotel
walked 12 ft to the desk and
tapped on the slide panel of my Apple MacBook Air
and awoke my sleepy laptop and
I was instantly at work.
bummer part is that I will
leave from the Equatorial Hotel after
another great buffet breakfast
this morning at 7 am on Friday Malaysia time
for the Penang Airport (10 minutes away)
for my 9 am flight
to Guangzhou, China 3 hrs 55 min
where I will wait for flight to LAX 12 hr 40 min
where I will wait for flight to Atlanta 4 hr 6 min
where I will wait for the 8:40 Groome Van service to Athens 2 hrs
and finally arrive at my home around 10:40 am on Saturday EST USA.
Technically 25+ hrs.

Once I left Seoul/Incheon Airport at 10:30 am
and arrived in Atlanta at 11:15 am on the SAME DAY.
Technically a 45 min flight.
Later during this trip I realized that my flight from Guangzhou to LAX would arrive a negative 4 hours from Guangzhou.....watch out Twilight Zone or "Beam Me Up Scotty" StarTrek travel.
The plane took off at 10:00 pm Friday and arrive at 6:00 pm Friday,
THE SAME DAY, 4 hours earlier.
Hmmm?!

After I arrived at my home I realized
I had left my simple travel phone
at the Guangzhou and would never see it again.

Comments

Popular Posts