My Passion, Purpose, Reason behind my Life

My Passion, Purpose, Reason behind My Life

The Post I received from my 45 year friend


Peter W. Jones

Alan, you seem to have found a very sound and centered approach to living your life. You and I will not always agree, however, I am blessed to have you amongst those who have been a mentor in my life. Best wishes to you as you continue to meet people, develop friendships and provide help when asked.

PJ

Peter

When I looked back over the decades of my life that quote you just liked I strive to live by but very few of the people I have known:

family, friends, colleagues, clients

have truly fit those traits

make me laugh
and love me.

Until I divorced and began reading bookshelves filled of motivational and self-help books did I consciously live that way.

I began avoiding toxic people about 40 years ago as much as I could. Also after Merry became ill and died I changed my thinking towards the work I was and continue to try to do

I STOPPED WORKING WITH STRANGERS

and began meeting people
developing friendships
helping them when I see they need help
or they ask for help
from me or people I know around the world.



Robert Alan Black

My 40 years focused on creative thinking, strategic thinking and planning, training, speaking has enabled me to control my life. After going through Merry's YEAR OF HELL combined with my extensive traveling beginning in 1977 thru to when I began traveling around the world seeing true poverty contrasting with extreme wealth/greed I have created a simple life that I strive to focus on challenges as they are needed to be dealt with.

35 years of studying

leadership skills and styles

along with skills and styles of
Communicating
Teaming
Creative Thinking & Problem Solving
and
Diversity
Conflict

I stopped wasting time on some subjects unless they truly impact my daily life or the lives of the people closest to me whether in person or online scattered around the world.

Still try to be a pragmatically creative person striving towards some idealism but seldom expecting it to happen.

Many of my heroes, role models, mentors have tried to make a significant difference since 1950, most devoted much of their lives to that end and little as truly changed.

Watch/Listen this dinner closing closing keynote presentation I made in Philadelphia in 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrOXAkRGoL0&t=67s

it is 40+ minutes long.

I have always appreciated our friendship since we first met at S&T when we were Graphics Man & Prestype Boy.

Alan
alan@cre8ng.com

Comments

Popular Posts