Did I read all of them?


Did I read all of them?

Sjra 

Thank you for your question

"Did you read all of them?"

Since reading your question I have spent about an hour once again pondering that question.
Simple black & white answer?

about 75% from cover to cover.



My estimate is the I have read parts of all of them.  

Parts? that might mean from 1 chapter to 50 to 75 pages to 2/3rds of the contents to the complete contents

My estimate this morning that I read from cover to cover about 75% of All the books on my various shelves throughout my house.

About 10 to 15 years ago I began buying books in some of my interest areas 6 to a dozen at a time.

Creativity, Short Stories, Storytelling, Mysteries, books on Writing, etc.

My plan was to speedread all and to read the best indepth.

Best laid plans?

Reality my workload, moods and project deadlines sometimes I would have to stop with the plan to return and read them completely.

Sadly I didn't always do that but instead moved on to new books that interested me.

From about 2006 to 2014...

The books that I bought in quantity I ended up sorting them out in cardboard banker storage boxes by topic aftere only reading from one chapter and scanning the contents to maybe 75 pages before I lost interest or had to move on to committed projects with deadlines.

In 1966 when I was preparing to take the NCARB - National Council of Architectural Registration Board tests (7 of them) to become a licensed architect I took my first Evelyn Wood Speedreading course.

Comments

Popular Posts