some of my cartoons

Here are 4 of my characters I have used for cartoons in my workshops over the past 40 years but not seriously since 2001 when a woman from Kuala Lumpur asked me to draw 10 drawings illustrating key stories across my life, during CPSI before I began my first trip around the world that included two short stays in Kuala Lumpur.



She was writing a book about a series of creative people from around the world she had met.

These are the ten cartoons I gave her in 2001.

I actually drew all of them during my 9 hr plane ride from
Brisbane, Australia to Kuala Lumpur where I met her and invited her to attend one of the workshops I was doing there. Unfortunately she never published her book. Story 1 - how I became a licensed architect from early childhood

Often over the past 40 years I have used a variety of exercises involving BALLOONS around the world.


Me and my drowning in a sea of BROKEN CRAYONS


Me doing a workshop with my character MR. CRAYON

my first clown character: Dr. I. L. Create. I brought him to CPSI first in 1980 and then again in the 1980s

.

From 1950 to 1962 each Summer my parents and I traveled around the US to all of the mainland 48 states, Canada from Windsor to Montreal. One of my mother's 4 sisters lived in Toronto. Mexico just south of San Antonio.


Because I went to Wayne State University for speech correction and hearing tests so often we had a family story that said I graduated from Wayne State before I entered kindergarten.


this is a joke from when Merry and I stopped in a restaurant in Delft and I asked for my cappa "mit slag" Mit slag was or is slang for with slagroom (whipped cream) and a custom in Amsterdam not practiced in Delft.

this is a cartoon showing my life for many years


I took a 5 week evening class from my speaker friend Jeff Justice, a experience traveling stand-up
comedian and comic writer for Sienfeld and others for 20 years until he quite to become a speaker instead The class was about Stand-Up Comedy

this is me acting our a cartoon that was one of my favorites about speaking.



throughout the last 41 years of traveling internationally I have lost many, many umbrellas, almost one in every country.


this is my cartoon of my chosen nickname Wandering Alan

Thanks for the inspiration through your AMANDA cartoons Diane


Comments

Popular Posts