My Shutterchance Buddies

My Shutterchance Buddies

Hello Elizabeth, Chris, Bill, Chad

Inline image 1  Inline image 2

Inline image 3  Inline image 4

Thank you for your various comments you share
in response to my monthly Shutterchance photo themes.

Current theme is Turkey

I had the pleasure to visit
several times from March 1999 to March 2005

Most of the time it was to be one of the
presenters for the creativity conferences
that a Turkish friend I first met
in Buffalo, New York put on 5 times in Istanbul.

CPSI is what that one has been called for
over 60 years. 

The man who created a group or individual creative thinking process called BRAINSTORMING started the annual CPSI conference.

Chad, Norma and I met at the 2007 ACRE
in Bela Bela, South Africa.

During the breakfast on the opening day of the
1998 CPSI conference I walked up to a table
where a middle aged man was sitting alone.

"Hello may I join you?"

The two of us talked for the next 30 minutes
about the conference and other miscellaneous
topics that were sparked by our respective
responses.

As he was getting up to return his breakfast tray
I asked him where he was from.  I was expecting
him to say someplace in the midwest: Ohio, Indiana maybe even Illinois based upon his American sounding accent.

"I am from Istanbul."

I responded with, "have a great CPSI.  Maybe we will see each other in some of the sessions."

Off he went.

During the next 3 days I did see him in the hallways or sitting in some sessions but not in the parts of the room I sat.

Then on Thursday afternoon he approached
Jon Pearson, a long-time CPSI presenter friend
and I and asked.

"I am planning a creativity conference in Istanbul and I would like you both to come and be presenters."

A months later came the first email from Halim.

From then on I traveled to Turkey to be one of the presenters at 5 different conferences Halim organized in Istanbul: 1999, 2000, 2003 (2), 2005. I also stopped in Istanbul during my 2001 trip around the globe for a couple days to spend time with a few Turkish friends who I met thanks to Halim in 99 and 00.

Last month and this month's photos on my Shutterchance website are snaps of
memories from those different trips.

I have been photographing PLACES, SPACES, & FACES since I was 12 with my first personal camera,
a Kodak Brownie Insta-Matic until today with my Canon Digital.

Because much of my life has been spent traveling internationally since June of 1977 I have dev​eloped photographic habits and themes.

I capture what interests me instantly or memories of my trips or daily life based on my long lists of favorite topics.  With the capabilities of electronic cameras, SD cards, external storage media, my laptop computer and the internet I shoot almost everything.

This month

Country trips: Turkey
Topic: Details of things and life in Turkey

I greatly appreciate the responses that the 4 of you share through your comments about most of my daily posted photos.

They create micro conversations between us.
as if we were sitting together over coffee or a beer
or perhaps walking somewhere together like Bill, Chad and I did a few years ago when Norma and Chad had been my host in Syde, England for 8 days and Chad took me to Bath one day to see where he grew up and to meet his lifelong friend Chris.

On US TV, specifically the TV service called NETFLIX
there are two shows much like  this....show conversations

Jerry Sienfeld has his

Comedians Having Coffee

and

David Letterman has his

My Next Guest Needs No Introduction With David Letterman


thank you for being my instant guests or friends thru Shutterchance comments about my photos.

Alan

Comments

Popular Posts