Changing Sleep Patterns, Habits, or Experiences

Changing Sleep Patterns, Habits, or Experiences

Dear Dawn (just saw the irony in your name related to this topic)

thanks for including me in your message thread with Charlie.

I haven't slept 8 hours or through the night since I was a teenager

In college initially I worked for WXYZ-TV in the tv news dept 7 days a week. M-F I was there by 5:30 am to prepare the headlines for the Sign on show at 6 or 6:30. S&S I had to be there by 8 for 8 hrs as the DESK EDITOR

In January 1966 after my car accident I went back to supposed normal sleeping and working hours with school and after school or Saturdays working at an architectural firm until I graduated in June that year.

Over the next 10+ years I tended to work 2 or 3 jobs and moonlighted too and slept from midnight or later to 6 am when I got up by alarm clock

Jump ahead to 1977 when I began traveling internationally when my sleep patterns were stranger and shorter

Jump ahed once again to 1998 when I began traveling and working around the globe and I would be in multiple timezones in a week, month or back and forth throughout the year.

All that may be one cause of my WEIRD SLEEPING

Add to that my age...72 1/2

add to that the medicines I take for

High Blood Pressure
High Blood Sugar
Cholestorol
Type II Diabetes

all supposedly HEREDITARY Diseases from both parents

and also my own PUSHING MYSELF lifestyle since 1966.

After what I watched Merry go through
I will not use any chemical solutions

I simply accept it and sleep or nap when feel like I need to.

One of the benefits is working in piece and quiet.

Another of the many benefits from sleeping strangely
are the many experiences roaming streets around the world in the middle of the night.


Wandering Sleeping at Strange Times Alan


Comments

  1. Oh..yes...there would be some interesting experiences if you took to roaming the streets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. learned that initially in 1977 when I traveled thru 24 countries in 110 days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts