Kenton....Alan and Social Media, especially email or Facebook

Kenton

Thanks for responding

Alan to Kenton

You and I met through our mutual use of
Weekly Photo Sharing

I have developed 3 types or levels of online communications

Twitter
(under 140 characters....my first job I wrote headlines for television and flashing headline machines for WXYZ-TV 6 days a week)

Email
a couple sentences to a couple short paragraphs

Book to Dissertation
pages to dozens of pages

Here is an example of a
"BOOK" answer about why I posted the rainbow theme meme above.


Over the past 12 years I have tried a variety of methods and gimmicks to try to draw out comments in place of

a. view but no evidence that the post was viewed
b. likes
c. reacts
d. responses (other emojis or symbols
e. shares
f. comments
g. comments that led to discussions

there are names for people who do these and others

the funny part is that often people have told me often when we see each other in person or in other messages that

They enjoy my posts

while they never provide Facebook feedback.

In the earlier years I would take time to

weed thru, purge, delete, block....

Names I didn't know once my total FBFs reached 1,000 but the number of actual feedback was minimal.

My goal often has been to encourage two way communication with this media.

as much as people bitch or complain about Facebook or other social media that have been created since the internet became available to the general audience before it became commercialized and made people like Mark Z

BILLIONAIRES

or politicians try to prevent it, control it, govern it

it can be

FUN
help families and friends to stay in touch
help people communicate
save lives...Haiti, the areas where Tsunamis have hit

and how about 3,500 users helped me 5 years ago

when I suddenly disappeared from Facebook on October 21st.

Comments

Popular Posts