a letter on reaction to you love of Miss Mollie

a letter on reaction to you love of Miss Mollie

June as your life continues

will you advance from your 2 wheeler
to a 3 wheeler
to a 4 wheeler
and continue traveling the

BLUE HIGHWAYS of America

When will you write your own versions of

ZEN & THE ART OF MOTORCYCLE MAINTENANCE?

Robert Pirzig's book was recommended to me in 1976 when I was beginning to plan my

MOTORCYCLE TOUR OF EUROPE

over the next 9 months I fantasized about learning to ride a "HARLEY"

then the plan was to fly to the UK and buy one

then traveled through 24 or more countries on it "alone"
return to the UK and sell it and supposedly as I had read

SELL IF FOR MORE THAN I PAID FOR IT.

oh how often I have been naive.

About a month before I was leaving for my JOURNEY
my part-time secretary I shared with one of my clients, a church, where I had my offices in exchange for part of architectural, design and marketing services fee
said.

Alan. My son is in town. He has been BIKE rider for years. Why don't you have lunch with him. He probably can provide lots of information for you about your traveling by BIKE around Europe.

We did have lunch the next day.

He asked me many questions about my planned trip and why I wanted to ride on a BIKE.

Then he slowly, succinctly explained

"NO YOU DON'T"

what you have shared about what you really want to do
will not work if you are traveling on a BIKE.

You will mostly be on the BIKE in open country and that's great but you will be too exhausted when you arrive at your various destinations that you will not have time to truly ENJOY them or TRULY MEET PEOPLE.

Get a Euro-Pass and enjoy your adventure

The only people you will probably meet the most
will be

MECHANICS who will fix your BIKE when it breaks down
which it will if you ride like you say you need to in order to travel through 24 countries to a hundred or more cities.

after our lunch I walked across Federal HWY in Boynton Beach to a Kiwanis member friend's travel bureau and

BOUGHT MY FIRST OF SEVERAL EURO-RAIL Passes and ordered my first international airplane tickets.

Alan
Robert Alan Black, Ph.D., CSP, DLA,TM-Gold

Create Your Life, Do not live one Created for You

Comments

Popular Posts