Happy Mother's Day Mom

on vacation in 1950 in Platte, SD
Grandma Black, Dicky, Mom, Alan, Brian

(graduation from LIT at Cobo Hall in Detroit)


My mother passed away at 60 in 1971
I think of her often, most every day.

She gave so much to help me become NORMAL
after being born with a severe cleft palette and hare lip.

I still remember over my nearly 75 years so many pieces of experiences from bus rides, visits to clinics, to her being in the audience at John Trix when my 1st play (my only play) was performed with me being the emcee of it.

Then the morning I bent down on my knee to hug her in her favorite chair to tell her, that Jimmy, her oldest grandson had died that morning after fighting leukemia for about 5 months.

my memories?

so many pies, jams: blueberry,fhubarb, peach, apple

the special cream and cookie dessert
so many Sunday meals: Roast Pork, Ham, Roast Beef, Turkey, Lamb

playing scrabble or card games
watching favorite tv shows.

What wonderful, loving memories do you have with and of your Mother?


(Brian, Alan, Mom, Jim in front of our house with our 1954 Ford)


(visiting Ivy & Phil close friends)

M O T H E R ?

Comments

Popular Posts