Learning methods, tools, media keep changing

Learning methods, tools, media keep changing

libraries is where we could learn on our own
buying our own books to read
then traveling
then living

but then STANDARDIZED EDUCATION programs were created and learning became the activity/ies that we did led by a teacher in industrialized assembly line approaches

sitting at the feet of learned people
sitting on the laps of learned family members

then learnings were grouped in programs outside of our homes and our daily lives:

K, 1 to 12, bachelor, masters, doctoral, post doctoral

we learned within packages, systems, programs

we didn't just learn whenever we wanted to

I found most teachers boring and limited, even the pleasant, nice ones.

But learning for me was from all the rest of my life during my awake hours

reading
listening
talking with other people
watching tv
watching movies
watching life around me
living
traveling
doing things: learning from successes or failures
thinking about those 9 things

now I can learn using electronic devices
with no printed books, no articles...
all by myself anywhere I can carry an electronic device with or without wifi reception

I can carry an entire Carnegie Library on my iPod, iPad, Amazon Fish, Kindle, laptop

Comments

Popular Posts