Keeping Moving and Growing

Keeping Moving and Growing

Dear Tim

"I think u have demonstrated resilience n ability to flow with whatever life presents you."

Over a period of years I have discovered the importance of which PREPOSITIONS we use in our lives: long range, mid-range, short-range.

Flow with 

to me implies there is a predetermined path or route or plan. I do not accept or live my life that way even though there are many things about cultures, communities, schools, religions, clubs that try to create and use pre-determine plans or ways of doing things.

My general belief is that my life is mine to create dealing with all the various internal and external factors and influences: physical, intellectual, emotional, social, cultural, ????

instead I prefer to live this way

Keeping Moving and Growing
no matter what happens to me, around me from local to global scale.

One book project I have not finished that I have given presentations about often since 1977 is

LIKE IS A CREATIVE JOURNEY,
NOT A GUIDED TOUR

Often in my life I have had PLANS
even with preset or predetermine steps and goals almost logical like
STRATEGIC PLANNING has tried to teach for nearly 40 years

Vision
Mission
Objectives
Goals
Tasks
Actions

are the levels or stages

But something happened that was maybe predictable or maybe totally unexpected or predictable.

That is when creative thinking and problem solving of various types have saved me consciously, other times external forces or people made the solutions happen.

DEFINITIONS OF KEY WORDS OF
STRATEGIC THINKING & PLANNING

Vision - ULTIMATE DREAMS that are sought but knowing that they will never be reached
not numerically measurable....I will know it when I can see it but I can imagine it

Mission - purpose, WHY WE CHOOSE TO DO IT
describable with or without measures

Objectives - long range/scale plans
months to years
measurable, can be timed

Goals - mid-range/scale plans
weeks to months
measurable, can be timed

Tasks - specific short-range/scale plans
minutes to days to weeks
can be measurable

Actions - very specific
minutes to hours to weeks
can be measurable

measures can be

physical, intellectual, emotional, aesthetic

These are my working definitions

STRATEGIC PLANNING or STRATEGIC THINKING = Creative Thinking with Specific Results that are measurable, describable, definable.
Thank you for your kind words about me you shared.

Comments

Popular Posts