a HOAX or NOT a HOAX


a HOAX or NOT a HOAX




I do not know why so many of these hoax messages are going out over gmail now again.

Fortunately gmail's system is putting them into SPAM directly.

Here is my own story with such HOAXes from 5 or more years ago.

usually their American English skills are very bad
their offer is so bazaar 

Years ago I got caught by one
that claimed it was a long time creativity CPSI friend 
stranded in Ireland and he needed money

because his specific name was used
I wrote to my network of CPSI friends/colleagues
asking for help

within a couple minutes one wrote back waving a RED FLAG that it was a hoax.

I wrote directly to all internet addresses I had for the friend and to friends of his.

Then I sent out a BLASE saying that it was probably a hoax
and SAID NOT TO SEND MONEY.

I caught one person before she sent her info
one had already sent it.  I promised to reimburse him
over time but he said it was not a problem.

Since then I have always held I HAVE TRAPPED and NEED MONEY as suspect.

Then in October of 2014 I was the subject of a potential HOAX.

The night of the day i went before the government prosecutor in Abu Dhabi the English translator, an Indian man reached out through the internet to tell my friends, colleagues that I was in trouble.

The first few people thought it was a HOAX.

They knew I traveled a great deal and simply thought that someone had HACKED my account.

The Indian man, English Translator fortunately didn't give up and tried again when he returned from a weekend trip to India he reached out again and my colleague he wrote to directly believed him.

The colleague then became 1 of the 9 FAB team - Friends of Alan Black that daily held conference calls and divided up work to figure out how to rescue me.

Comments

Popular Posts