School & Teachers are for Learning How When Where Why & from Whom to Think

School & Teachers are for Learning 
How When Where Why & from Whom to Think

Rubens 

I agree

One of my sayings and beliefs was

School is for learning How, When, Where, Why, Who from how to
Learn, Think, Solve Problems

I continued that tradition the past 40 years by adding

Creating and Creative Problem Solving

S.T.A.M.P.S.

Systems
Tools & Techniques
Attitudes & Approaches
Methods
Strategies and STYLES

Story about my self-motivated, self-learning Father

My father was an immigrant from northern England
who came at the age of 16.

He was motivated to learn

He took

a high school degree program through the mail that was a fraud.

worked his way up in the tool and die trade from apprentice to master craftsman

then enrolled in the night school program in Mechanical Engineering at LIT - Lawrence Institute of Technology, a private engineering school started by professors of the price catholic university called
University of Detroit name Lawrence. The school was created to help people earn REAL, LEGITIMATE college degrees part-time while working full time. (1932 is when it was founded).

My day finished the BS in M.E. in 4 yrs instead of 6.

Started a MS in M.E. at Wayne State but did not finish because he refused to do his Masters Thesis so that his professor good get published (at least that is the family story I still remember)

After being turned down as a freshman to UofMichigan I went to LIT and earned my BS of Arch in 1966 and then worked on 8 other degrees completing 4 of them at WSU, FAU and UGA



Alan
alan@cre8ng.com
http://www.cre8ng.com

Comments

Popular Posts