Always marketing,..Always marketing

Always marketing,..Always marketing

P to RAB on Facebook DM

Always marketing... Always marketing.


RAB
not so sure Facebook truly is a good outward bound marketing tool.

I have shared and posted, reposted and commented on and liked tens of thousands of times for 8+ years....?

The results?   very very very minimal.

Watch the first few minutes to all of this video why a previous highly experienced marketer as he discusses the real value of some social media in the

Marketing and Selling Process




I taught Fundamentals of Marketing in the 80s and 90s around the country for clients and the AMA - American Management Association and I studied many books, journals , magazines to include the hottest and latest thinking about marketing from

Face to Face to phone to Direct Mail to PR or Promotion to Print to Media....

My understanding, minimal as it is the way the systems of how Facebook messages are distributed we might as well be Throwing postcards from the windows of a space capsule and expecting them to be delivered like US Mail.

Perhaps people who pay for Facebook Ads and pay to use UPGRADED services on Facebook instead of people like me who only use the FREE version may have more REAL marketing benefits.


P's response

Perhaps. But at least I'm not paying postage!!

FB is no alternative for meeting people. But I just secured a tutoring client this morning because her friend saw me on social media.


RAB
That's great.


P
Still have to do the grunt work, but when your social media profile makes you look successful, it isn't a bad thing.


RAB
One RULE of MARKETING that I read in books and articles and heard marketing experts say over and over in the 80s as I was trying to increase my working daily knowledge about successful and meaningful marketing...

If you are not continuously marketing in some way, 
maybe 40 to 60% percent of the time.  If you are not continuously connecting and reconnecting with your clients, customers, patients through mail, phone, face to face (or electronics now) you

MIGHT AS WELL HAVE RETIRED, QUIT OR DIED

in their minds.


I have been living that MISTAKE now for over 20 months,
actually beginning 10 years because I switched my 
OUTWARD BOUND MARKETING
from multiple approaches to only electronic around 2006 for a variety of reasons and my ongoing or repeat work every year began to disappear and my new work from past clients faded away.

It was only the international work that I still aggressively, actively marketed for that continued and some INBOUND MARKETING thanks to my Website, but still most of even the reduced amount of work was the RESULT of HAPPY PAST CLIENT REFERRALS or SUPPORTIVE MARKETING.

Good luck

Comments

Popular Posts