7 Habits Revised a Little


7 Habits Revised a Little


In the early 90s I was accused of having stolen a story from Stephen Covey. I had not read any of his books then.

The story I used I recrafted was a classic that has been around for decades if not over 100 years in a variety of cultures.

I took the challenge to read his book
and found his version of the CLASSIC STORY
that I supposedly had stolen and had not.

his 7 Habits I have integrated into most aspects of my life since then

1.
Be Proactive (ACTIVE...both Pro and Personal)

2.
Begin with the end in mind (focus on your true eventual goal)

3.
Put first things first (Prioritize, Prioritize, Prioritize)

4
Think Win-Win (I have taught Conflict Resolution and Negotiation systems and strategies since the mid-80s and agree with his point of striving for WIN WIN when we can)

5
Seek first to understand
and then to be understood
(My communication. Leadership, Teamwork and Creative Thinking programs are all based upon KNOWING EVERYONE as human beings not stereotypic assumptions)

6
Synergize (integrate, combine, Gestsalt)

7
Sharpen the saw (continually learning throughout my life)

Comments

Popular Posts