Today or Yesterday's Technology in a 10 years or younger's mine.

Today or Yesterday's Technology in a 10 years or younger's mine.

M'y friend 
shared this anecdote about her young son's
observation about RADIOS.

Son: mommy, I like that song; put it on again please.
Me: oh honey, this is the radio. I can't go back
Son: just hit the back button.
Me: it doesn't work like that. Not like my phone or XM. Once the song is over I can't bring it back. You know the radio.
Son: oh yeah! *pause* why do we even use that thing anymore!?
*radio, I've had a glimpse into your future and I'm pretty sure that's death nail #1. Future generations are coming for ya!* ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Me
interesting idea. Everything can be replayed. Everything can have a DO OVER.

My friend
True, but with radio unless you record it on a tape...talk about obsolete...you gotta wait for the dj to replay. I still have memories of gluing my finger to the record button on my tape player so I wouldn't miss "my song"๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Me
oh the 8 track, audio tape days of ancient decades so very long ago.

My friend๐Ÿ˜‚ 
yes! My moms husband just bought a bunch from a yard sale a few months back. I told him I'd be so impressed if they still even played!

Me
my daughter, when she was young wanted to earn more spending money. I made a deal with her.

Set up my RCA audio tape player next to our TV in Married Housing and record two episodes of M*A*S*H from 5 to 6 pm M to F when I was out of town.

I ended up with several episodes on tape.

What I meant was to tape WITHOUT THE COMMERCIALS.

Listening to audio tapes in my car that had the commercials on them was ANNOYING.

I still have several boom boxes that either Merry or I used in our work that still function.

I use to have two v c r machines that I would watch the many taped shows I had recorded and collected in 80s, maybe 90s before c d s and d v d s were invented.

Both died within a day of each other.

I still have a portable tv with a built in v c r that I have in my multiple-media (Man's cave) area of my living room. Might even watch some To the MANOR BORN episodes that I bought tonight.

My friend
smart idea! and if you fast forward it, you'll surely miss the start of the show and have to play the "rewind-fast forward a dozen times" game. My grandmother used to tape her soap operas every day and watch them during the night. You had to leave it on the Channel for it to record. God help us if we changed the channel before her soaps finished recording 

Me
used to have a radio and audio tape player in one of my cars and a radio and a c d player in the other.

Depending upon which car I was driving I would tape the respective audio media to play because

I generally do not like what I can find on commercial radio any longer.

My friend
soap operas and commercials...your grandmother and I had the same problem back then.

Me
2006 was a very challenging year for me in many ways and had to become extremely frugal. One of my strategies was to stop all MONTHLY Charges that I did not benefit fully from: Cable TV 

instead I began recording on d v d or buying sets of tv programs on d v d to watch.

Lately I have been holding a
MURDER SHE WROTE marathon.

Last week it was....J A G.

before I started to focus on traveling and working around the globe I worked around Georgia, northern Florida, western Alabama and within 100 to 200 miles of the northern and easter borders of Georgia ....

I was in my cars a lot.

Radio stations in the southeast.....usually S U C K
at least they are not my favorites if you can actually get reception

So I was using my audio players or c d players much of the time before I bought my iPod or began carrying a laptop plugging it into my cigarette lighter.

Technology has moved and changed so fast I have closest and boxes full of equipment and media that I no longer use.

Comments

Popular Posts